Getting stains on your beautiful carpet is the worst thing ever, especially when you’ve just had it cleaned by your trusted carpet cleaning services. Times like this call for your immediate action as any stains or spillages may penetrate and settle permanently within the fibres of your carpet.
However, proper care and treatment is needed when you attend to carpet stains yourself. Every stain is different, hence you have to know the right kind of treatment to provide when faced with a particular stain.
Hot liquids, for example, should be treated immediately as when you leave them to cool and dry, removing the stain would be next to impossible. You also have to be cautious about how you remove a particular stain as any careless attempt may ruin the texture or colour of the carpet.
Take note of the following useful tips when faced with different kinds of carpet stains:
Basic Steps in Stain Removal
Timing is everything when faced with carpet stains. When you act immediately in removing the stain, you can even prevent it from appearing on your carpet.
Once any spill or stain appears, do the following quickly:
- Use a fork or spoon to remove any physical debris. With a damp cloth or paper towel (remember to use one without any colours or prints), dab the area gently, making sure that you don’t apply too much pressure to prevent the spill from settling deeply within the carpet fibres. Also, avoid rubbing the spot with the spill as this may cause damage on the texture of the carpet.
- Next, use a stain-removal solution on the portion with the spill. Make sure to use one that is approved for carpet use.
- Rinse off the spot with cool water. Using a damp cloth or paper towel, dab the area gently until it dries.
Red Wine Stain Removal
- Use a clean white cloth or paper towel to blot the spill.
- Make a treatment solution that combines a teaspoon of carpet shampoo and a cup of hydrogen peroxide in a bowl. Use a clean sponge and soak it into the solution, making sure that it is squeezed enough until halfway dry.
- Dab gently onto the stain. Continue this process until you remove the stain.
- Use a clean sponge and soak it into warm water. Dab it gently onto the stained area.
- Using a clean white cloth or paper towel, blot the stained area until it dries.
Coffee or Tea Stain Removal
- Use a clean white cloth or paper towel to blot the spill.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide with a tablespoon of dish soap. Apply the solution onto the spill. Make sure to let the solution sit for a few seconds.
- Use your fingers to gently dab the solution onto the spill.
- Rinse it off with water. Repeat the process until you remove the stain.
Blood Stain Removal
- Apply cold water or club soda onto the stained area.
- Blot the stained part using a clean white cloth or paper towel.
- Repeat the process until the stain is removed.
Dog or Cat Urine Stain Removal
- Blot the stained area with a clean white cloth or paper towel, making sure that it absorbs as much wetness as possible.
- Use a stain-removal solution onto the stained area. Make sure that the solution you use is designed to treat pet messes. Remember also to dab gently and never rub or scrub the stained area.
- Repeat the process until both stain and smell are completely removed.
Fresh Paint Stain Removal
- Use a clean white cloth to blot the stained area, making sure to absorb the extra paint from the carpet.
- Combine water and detergent to use as treatment solution. Soak some cotton into solution and dab onto the stained area.
- Rinse off the stained area with water and let it dry.
Old Paint Stain Removal
- Pour club soda onto the stained area. Make sure to never spread the club soda around any other part of the carpet.
- Put a tablespoon of salt onto the stain. Rub it together with the club soda onto the stained portion. Leave the solution for 15 minutes.
- Using a clean white cloth, blot the stain and mixture off the carpet.
- Combine water and detergent and apply onto the stained portion. Rinse off with lukewarm water until the stain, club soda and salt mixture, and detergent solution are all removed.
Keep these tips handy and remember to act immediately when spills on carpet occur. Whilst you cannot predict when accidental spillages occur, you can make your carpet tougher to withstand the impact of stains and other results of many years of its use.
Proper protection is what your carpet needs, and you can get this when you engage a reputable carpet cleaning services company.
Hiring a Carpet Cleaning Services Company for Carpet Protection
Standard cleaning won’t cut it when acting against stubborn stains. Good thing that local carpet cleaners can now provide proper carpet protection that shields carpets from the effects of stains, as well as from dirt, odours, discolouration, and wear and tear.
Carpet cleaning services like Avalon Services can be engaged to help give your carpet the ultimate protection it needs. Such established carpet cleaning company in Singapore has the expertise to provide not just thorough cleaning but also professionally applied carpet protection to maintain the look and quality of your carpet.
Carpet protection is necessary not just to protect from dirt or stains but also to extend your carpet’s life. This is because regular washing and vacuuming can take its toll on your beautiful carpet, which may wear out its fibres over time.
When applied with industry-certified carpet protector, you can be sure that every fibre of your carpet is shielded from any kind of dirt and stains. This, combined with deep cleaning, can extend your carpet’s life span.
For ultimate carpet protection, make sure to combine these useful tips with expert carpet cleaning and protection services from a competent carpet cleaning company in Singapore. This way, you can rest assured that your carpet stays beautiful and durable for years to come.
Written in collaboration with:
33 Ubi Avenue 3 Vertex Tower B, #04-22 Singapore 408868
+65 65709633| firstname.lastname@example.org